Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes decrease in penis size with erectile dysfunction?

Jul 2016

Good evening My penis has been smaller than normal when not erect and smaller and less hard when erect. The volume of semen has also declined as well as achieving any orgasms. My pee does not have an easy flow anymore and sometimes takes 20 second to get started and the strength of the stream is not there. I practice safe sex and this just started 3 weeks ago. Thank you for your time?
Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: You have Secondary Erectile Dysfunction. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have what is called as Secondary Erectile Dysfunction . As regards your doubt about size and length of your penis I would like to emphasize that the length of the penis in flaccid state has no significance at all.It is the hardness of penis that is important from the point of view of sexual enjoyment of both the partners. In absence of any major health issue at young age the cause of ED is mind related and due to performance anxiety.Following general measure will help you to boost up your confidence and getting good erection.and delay ejaculation. 1) Practice regular exercise for 45 minutes followed by meditation for 1/2 an hour in the morning. 2) Take high protein diet rich in vegetables and fruits and Vitamin A,C,D,E.and Zinc 3)Take anti oxidants like Almonds 5-6 everyday.. 4) Avoid alcohol and smoking.. Taking drugs like Sidenafil ( Viagra) on demand will help to get good hard sustainable erection to have enjoyable sex. Get prescription of medicine from your family Physician . If this does not work to your satisfaction then you may need to consult qualified Urologist for detail investigations to find out the cause of your ED. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.