What causes darkened penis scrotum and wrinkled penis glans?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2013
Dec 2013

Dermatologist
Question
Darkened penis area scrotum and wrinkled penis glans
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Kindly send details with pictures Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Welcome and thanks for posting your query to the forum. I can understand your concern for darkened penis and scrotum with wrinkled glans penis. The part of query provided by yourself is too short to reach to any conclusive point and therefore to guide you accordingly. I humbly request you to kindly elaborate your concern so that I can guide you best. Kindly elaborate the following important things: - Since how long you have the problem of darkened penis and scrotum with wrinkled glans penis. - Both the problems of darkened penis and scrotum with wrinkled glans penis started simultaneously or one after the other. - Any type of discharge or any redness or any previous skin problem over the affected areas. - Do you feel any itching, burning or pain over these areas. - Any history of unprotected intercourse before the starting of the problem. - Any important point which you want to mention regarding your problem which is important in reaching to a conclusive point. It would be best to send few good resolution pictures of the affected area so that it can be analyzed best. You have a feature to upload images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better. Or else, you can send as an attachment to YYYY@YYYY with the subject as "Attn: Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia. Hope to hear soon form your side. Regards, Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia MD (Dermatology)

Follow-up: What causes darkened penis scrotum and wrinkled penis glans? 15 minutes later
Here u go please help

Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 6 hours later
Brief Answer: normal natural darkening of skin Detailed Answer: Hello young fellow, Thanks for uploading the picture so that I can now comprehend the condition better to guide you best regarding your condition. I was waiting for the rest of the details which I asked you in previous mail. Even then after thoroughly analyzing the picture sent by you I can make out that this is normal natural condition of penile area. It can be due to dryness of the penile skin which can lead to darkening as well as wrinkled appearance of the area. It can be due to natural renewal of the skin or after the usage of any strong soap or any other chemical product or even sometimes after vigorous sexual act also. So over all you have to understand that if there is no discharge or any pain or redness then this type of dryness and darkness is quite natural process. As this is totally normal process so you do not require any type of medications or any creams to apply over the area. The only precaution you have to take care is of not to use any strong chemical products or any strong soaps over this area. So do not worry about this normal natural process of the body and get relaxed for all the things. I hope these informations clears all your doubts. I will be glad to answer any of your further queries. Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia MD- Dermatology & Sexually transmitted diseases

Follow-up: What causes darkened penis scrotum and wrinkled penis glans? 2 minutes later
Thank you so so much

Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: Normal natural darkening of skin Detailed Answer: Hello young fellow, I am really happy to know that you are quite relaxed about your normal condition. If you have any further skin related queries then can ask me directly at: bit.ly/drsanjaykanodia I will be glad to answer any of your further queries or if not then can close the query and rate the answer. With regards, Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia MD- Dermatology & Sexually transmitted diseases