What causes dark spot on urethra orifice?

Hi, I have a dark spot on my urethra orifice?
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need some more details Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. I would like to know some more details like Since when did you notice the spot ? Is it painful ? How big is the lesion? Have you used any medication for the same ? Are you on any medications for long term? If possible do attach an image of the lesion on the right side of this page. This will help me to understand the condition better and advice you well. Waiting fo your response,
Follow-up: What causes dark spot on urethra orifice? 44 minutes later
Hi, thank you for your response. Medication long term is flecanide (tambarcor) metrolpol, asprin. Was taking Xralto for 4 months as a blood thinner. Have stopped metrolpol and now have 5omg flecanide daily and asprin. Had op for AF and was catherized for 24 hrs. The lesion is the size of a matchhead and has not changed in 4 weeks since I first noticed it. No blood urine, no real pain odd tweek and twinge, I think I am worried so am more in tune with body. No obvious other symptoms, normal urination. I assume it is only recent 4months, the nurse should have noticed when he put catherta in? I am thinking urethral cancer?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Could not be cancer Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the information. I could not see the lesion well in the image but according to the description provided I do not think it to be a cancer. No growth since 4 months and no associated symptoms makes it benign altogether. I suggest you not to worry and observe the lesion. If there is any growth spurt in the lesion then you may have to gt a Biopsy test done to rule out cancer. Til then I would say there is no need for any intervention. Wish you good health. Regards,
Follow-up: What causes dark spot on urethra orifice? 20 minutes later
Thank you, what may have caused it to darken like it has, do you have any ideas? I appreciate your help. I am in good health and not overweight so I am hoping for longevity (:
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Mucus bleeding Detailed Answer: Hi again, I believe it could be due to bleeding in the layers of the mucous membranes which over time has turned black. Well, it may disappear over time. Regards,
Follow-up: What causes dark spot on urethra orifice? 2 hours later
Thank you
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 13 hours later
Brief Answer: You are welcome Detailed Answer: Thanks for using this service. Regards,