What causes dark purple color of the head of penis?
User rating for this question
My son is 13 and said that yesterday after wrestling practice when he took his clothes off to shower the head of his penis was dark purple. He said that the color pretty much went back to normal after he showered. Is this normal? And what is the cause? This may be totally unrelated, but he also has some stomach cramping that he cant explain but says that its not indigestion. The cramps could also be from working out as he just started Monday. Could these be related?
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Dark purple penis caused by wrestling practice.... Detailed Answer: Hi, The dark purple color of the head of penis could be related to working out with wrestling practice (any hit or trauma during such practice). I see that your son is only 13 years old and being involved in such traumatic practice could be associated with traumatic injuries. The abdominal cramps he is having could be related to uro-genital problems, including infections. If your son is not circumcised, I'd suggest to: - do urine analysis to exclude urinary tract infection as it is common in uncircumcised males - abdominal ultrasound to exclude kidney stones or infection or other internal problems. I'd suggest to take acetaminophen for the pain until the test results are in. Advise him to drink more water and to avoid wrestling for some days. All the best! Dr.Alba Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!
People also viewed
- Multiple partners one week
- Is congestion a side effect of alfuzosin?
- Smoking pot multiple times in a row
- S multiple skin tags
- Ways to quit murstabation
- What causes a purple penis
- What causes dark penis
- Is dark urine a side effect of ketorolac?
- What causes ulcer on the head of penis
- Is bladder pain a side effect of vesicare?
- What causes dark patches under penis head
- What causes swelling in penis head
- Is bloody urine a side effect of stribild?
- Mupirocin ointment on penis
- Is cloudy urine a side effect of dyazide?