What causes dark patches under penis head?

May 2014

Hi, I am uncircumcised. I don't know what this two dark blue patch of color on each side of the bottom of my penis head is. The thing is I have had this for a very long time, I think 7 years now. I am 20 now. I only started noticing these two dark patches I think when i was 13-14, because before then, I didn't know the penis foreskin can pull back so much, so I didn't clean under the foreskin since i was a baby until I was 13. I also masturbated for a couple years before noticing I can retract the foreskin and clean it, so I don't know if the dark discoloration is an infection due to lack of hygiene. But the thing is I had this since the time I started noticing it at 13 years old, and it still hasn't posed any problems for me, it doesn't hurt or anything. And the color is not definite, meaning that sometimes it becomes a lighter blue and sometimes it goes back to darker blue, also when my penis is aroused and hard, the dark blue patches ARE TOTALLY GONE. The whole penis head is a healthy red color color when aroused but there is still a very very very faint discoloration that is hardly noticeable when aroused. So because it never caused any problems and I am a little nervous showing this to a doctor, I just left it alone. But now I really want to know what this really is and get this lingering thought resolved.
Posted Thu, 26 Dec 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 27 hours later
Brief Answer: It is normal and due to pigmentation Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing in to us. What you are noticing is perfectly normal skin changes. The foreskin is very thin and after stretching of foreskin and masturbation, little skin changes take place which may cause little discoloration of skin due to pigmentation. Since it is 7 years that you are noticing it and there are no other medical problems, you should not worry about it. However, start cleaning your genital area daily with water and mild soap. This will prevent any infection and maintain regular hygiene. Hope your query is answered. Do write back if you have any doubts. Regards, Dr.Vivek