What causes dark menstrual bleeding after taking Letrozole?

I took letrozole and my period is not flowing as it use to It's dark on color. I usually use 3 pads a day but it's so different what I started taking letrozole I took my first round and my period came late and it's was dark in color nor Oder and very minimal flow I stopped taking it and waited for two cycles to pass I just took it lass cycle and my period came on time but the color is so so dark Have no std And am trying to conceive
Posted Sat, 15 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Cori Baill 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: Letrazole can change cycles Detailed Answer: Letrazole is typically taken for five days beginning day three of the menstrual cycle. It helps to induce ovulation. It is usually used for patients that have irregular cycles. I'm not sure of your fertility problems but Letrazole certainly can change your cycle as you describe. Darkness of light flow indicates the blood is flowing slowly enough to begin oxidation (rusting) and doesn't indicate STD. I hope you successfully conceive soon. if you have no bleeding,check for pregnancy before taking Letrazole again as it is contraindicated in pregnancy.
Follow-up: What causes dark menstrual bleeding after taking Letrozole? 1 hour later
Thanks for ur reply I have no medical problems I was able to conceive twice naturally I don't know why it's taking this long So from what ur saying all my symptoms are normal And I may likely be pregnant
Answered by Dr. Cori Baill 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: let me clarify Detailed Answer: I cannot answer to your doctor's thinking as to why this medicine was prescribed to a 22 YO with normal cycles. Also I am not thinking that you are pregnant if you are having cycles, even if they are light,only that the medicine can change your cycle, including making it lighter. It can take a normally fertile couple up to a year to conceive without there being anything wrong.I hope that you conceive soon. Finally, make sure you aren't already pregnant before taking a new cycle of letrasole.It's not supposed to be used if pregnant,