What causes dark bowel movement?
User rating for this question
My toddler just had a very dark BM with small amount of chalky white coating on it. Is this normal? Stool was very firm, but that is normal for her.
Posted Fri, 28 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 2 hours later
Brief Answer: wait and watch Detailed Answer: Hi Is she on iron supplement? This can cause dark stool. Also some food items like beets,etc can cause dark stools A constipated child can pass stool which is like this. So just watch and see. Good luck Dr uma
People also viewed
- Can red, watery eyes be due to whooping cough?
- Is bath salts synthetic cocaine xoxo
- What causes dark bowel movement
- Infant and redness around base of penis
- Can my headache be due to pituitary tumors?
- What causes loose bowel movements
- Can parvovirus infection cause upset stomach?
- What causes smelly bowel movements
- Does rapid, shallow breathing signify low blood pressure ?
- Bath salt drug neck pain
- What causes explosive bowel movements
- What is the cause for irregular bowel movement
- Taking a bath crinone
- Can wegener's granulomatosis cause cough?
- Dows a hot bath kill germs