What causes cyst in kidney?

My question is, Do you think something is going on with my left side or is it just a coinsident, teo years ago 22cm cyst on the left side.the. kudney was shaved a little on the left side because of the cyst. I now due to that surgery have no adrenal gland on the left side. I have a large lymph gland on the left side in my breast area. I now have a 2.7 cm cyst on thr left side of my thyrod. How crazy is that?
Posted Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: co incident not related. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for using XXXXXXX I went through the query and under stood your concern. Simple cyst on kidney is not associated with other condition. your symptoms are just co incident, not related to one other. Cyst on kidney may produce increased blood pressure, once we remove that cyst, blood pressure returns to normal if condition treated early. Many cysts(poly cystic kidney) disease has genetic mutation and other associated disease with it. not simple cyst on kidney, which is due to block in single nephron causing dilation Lymph node in your breast need to be evaluated, if you are already got examined for cause, no need to worry . Hope this explanation helps you. Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be happy to help you. Regards
Follow-up: What causes cyst in kidney? 7 hours later
The thing that was believed to be a simple kudney cyst was actually adrenal confirmed by the pathologist. A second surgety was to remove the adrenal gland. I believe the kidney may not be related in this case, but what about thr thyroid cyst on the left side measuring 2.7 cm. And the previous adrenal cyst with the left breast swollen lymph gland?I had a mammogram and it confirmed a lymph gland. No one confirmed why
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 17 hours later
Brief Answer: Thyroid cyst need to tested to rule out malignancy Detailed Answer: Hi, Cyst in adrenal gland is a rare condition. Most of the cases are benign, only symptomatic condition require surgery for removal. As in your case cyst was accidentally found to be from adrenal gland, Any thyroid cyst need to get evaluated to rule out malignant changes, that's why your doctor has suggested for surgery. In case of non- malignant lesions measurement of TSH and T3 T4 to know thyroid status is helpful .I usually prescribe medications to help regulate the thyroid hormones for my patients, which also reducing the size of the thyroid cyst simultaneously. Lymph nodes present in breast too, any chest infection or skin infection around breast or breast conditions can result in lymph node enlargement. Any lump noticed in breast need to be evaluated and many a time detected during imaging investigations, as difficult to palpate due to breast tissue. Is lymph node was superficial easily located by palpation during examination. Hope this information helps you. Feel free to ask further query. Regards
Follow-up: What causes cyst in kidney? 31 hours later
Okay It get that. The cyst did actually have symptoms that was ignored for ten years. I had extreme nausea with wierd sounds coming from my stomach, heart palpitations, and extremely high blood pressure spikes. The Doc said it was acid reflux. I took meds for it and no relief. I spent 10 years going to the ER with them finding nothing, and not checking hormone levels. I didn't know any better either at the time, I was depending on the Doctors to tell me what was wrong. The last time I went in through the ER I had a really high blood pressure and extreme nausea. They did an ultrasound looking for gall bladder issues because of the nausea and found a 22cm cyst that had displaced all my organs. It was so large it was up to the esophagus and down to the kidney. They couldn't tell where it came from because it was covering everything. They assumed it was kidney related because that was the most common. They did fine needle aspiration, tested for cancer was negative thank God, I got relief for a few weeks and symptoms returned. They did surgery to remove and I got relief for a few weeks and symptoms returned. After removing most of the cyst and sending it to the labs, pathology says it's adrenal. They went in assuming it was kidney. So I did have symptoms they were just ignored. Now to the reason of my question. I now have a cyst on my thyroid on the left side like the other cyst. I also have a swollen lymph gland on the left breast, with no apparent infection or inflammation of any kind. I went to the beginning so you could see my real concern you feel these things are related to one another. Is there any connection with these hormones on the left side of my body. First adrenal, then left lymph in breast and now left thyroid cyst?
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 21 hours later
Brief Answer: MEN 2A syndrome, needs evaluation Detailed Answer: Hi thanks for your follow up query. I appreciate your concern. There is a syndrome called MEN SYNDROME(multiple endocrine neoplasia). In MEN syndrome type 2A, tumor of adrenal gland , tumor of para thyroid (gland present on thyroid gland) and tumor of thyroid gland are present.Chromosomal abnormality in RET gene is associated with this syndrome. So you can get evaluated for this. But your lymph node is not related to this syndrome but may be due to any infection or due to any tumor. So you are required to evaluate further for the syndrome and lymphnode. Hope this helps information helps you, Feel free to ask if any further queries. Regards