What causes cut on the edge of my urethra, penis, testicles and pelvic region after intercourse?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2013
Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Question
I had sex yesterday morning. I went for a run right after. I noticed a cut on the edge of my urethra and my penis, testicles and pelvic region. It's been 24 hours and it still aches although the cut seems to have healed some. What is it?
Posted Sat, 22 Mar 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to HCM Detailed Answer: It seems more likely to be small injury during sex or running and it should heal in 5-10 days. You just need to keep this area clean, and you can apply some mild corticosteroid cream if this is painful. If there is redness around it, increasing pain, penis discharge or fever, then it can be sign of infection and you need to visit doctor and do certain tests. Till it heals,you should avoid sexual intercourse. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards