What causes crawling and tingling sensation in body?

Ive had crazy crawly skin tingling in my body lately its driving me nuts i dont know whats causing it .I went to my doctor he ran my blood labs and urine everything was normal excpt my cholesterol wish was 259 . He said my blood pressure was hi and put me on a water pill which ive been taking for about 3 weeks. I have a bp monitor machine i use and its still 142/91 . My doctor said my tingling is just probably anxiety i disagree it doesnt stop een when im relaxing in bed. It keeps me awke its like torture very uncomfortable . It happens on different parts of my body at different times.can my high blood pressure cause this or what could be causing this condition I need help. Ive been healthy my whole life no previous condtions or medications .i dont smoke and rarely drink.
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: psycho somatic disorder Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query. This type of crawling sensation occurs in psycho somatic disorders. It means conditions in which actually there is no problem with the skin but brain is hyper active and generation the itch and sensation. You need treatment with anti psychotic drugs. Please meet a psychiatrist, your problem will be solved. Unnecessary tests won't help you. This type of sensation is not related to hypertension. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you