What causes cough while taking flovent and proventil for asthma?

I am on 50mg of prednisone and have two more days remaining. may intake benedryl also to stop nose drip page which makes me cough and yes, I am asthmatic and on flovent and proventil and have been coughing for three weeks due to the flu . i am also an Opera singer.
Posted Fri, 7 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detail Follows. . Detailed Answer: Dear Friend Welcome to XXXXXXX I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I would try to help you..I dnt know for what condition are you taking prednisolone. But need to tell you that in case you are taking it for long , dose should be tapered and than stop. For your running nose and rhinitis problem you may discuss with your doctor to take a combination of levocetrizine and montelukast for 5 days. In case you have fever , you might require an antibiotic because you are on steroids which can compromise your immunity. I hope I am able to answer your query , still if you have any query ask me.