What causes continuous involuntary eye movement?

Jun 2014

I am currently seeing a neurologist and I am being tested for idiopathic intracranial hypertension. I am currently waiting for the referral for my lumbar picture. But lately I am awaken with my eyes movings left to right vigorously to the point it wakes me up. Is this related or a new problem? Should I be concerned?
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: Seems related to idiopathic intracranial tension Detailed Answer: Hi This condition is called Nystagmus. Nystagmus is a condition of involuntary eye movement. The causes for pathological nystagmus may be congenital, idiopathic, or secondary to a pre-existing neurological disorder. It also may be induced temporarily by disorientation or by certain drugs. In your case the reason could be pre-existing neurological disorder. It is related to idiopathic intracranial hypertension. It shows that your condition is aggravating and you need early intervention. In idiopathic intracranial hypertension first step to control symptom is drainage of cerebrospinal fluid by lumbar puncture, so consult your neurologist for early appointment for lumbarr puncture. thanks