What causes constipation,nasal congestion and apetite loss after treatment of helicobacter pylori

General Surgeon
Hi Iam 27 yrs male 3 month before I was suffered from helicobacter pylori and I did the treatment and after the treatment I had a problem with constipation and nasal congestion at the evening time and Iam loosing my appetite too and while cleaning bowl I notice some blood mark in tissue and while spit from inside I find some blood saliva in spit too.can u please help what is the cause of it and I did endorscopy too and it is fine .
Posted Sun, 2 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Detailed below. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. For Helicobacter Pylori you have been prescribed with antibiotics. Antibiotics have not only eradicated H.Pylori but also most of intestinal bacteria. Intestines are covered with good intestinal bacteria which protect us from bad bacteria. So your constipation and low appetite is most likely caused by lac of good bacteria in the intestines. Trace of blood on the toilet paper is a result of hard stool which wounds the rectum (some minor hemorrhoids can be present). To solve that problem please start probiotic supplementation and add some fiber rich products to your diet. If it wont help, stool culture tests should be done. Nasal congestion can be a result of weaker immune system due to lac of bacteria in the intestines. Some viral infection can be the reason as well. It is quite normal that when spiting blood appears. Its because the nose and throat is swollen so the small blood vessels get teared. Please try some nasal OTC spray. If it wont help in few days along with probiotic intake, please consult your doctor. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.