What causes constant thirst when suffering from perspiration?
User rating for this question
My sister, age 67 suffers from perspiration, shiver, constant thirst & lack energy. Unable to eat. After eating a small amount of food she feels sick. There is lot of phlegm and she has difficulty in getting rid of. Blood test show no abnormality. Can you help?
Posted Fri, 14 Feb 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Detailed below. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Her symptoms may indicate lungs infection, gastrointestinal infection or something much serious like a cancer (lungs cancer, stomach cancer, lymphoma). Its hard to give exact answer not being able to examine her and see her lab tests results. Generally perspiration, shivers and lack of energy appear when organism needs to fight some infection or malignancy. Constant thirst is caused by sweating and coughing which causes increased fluid loss. If she has lost some weight recently, malignancy is more possible. I suggest her to have chest X-ray and abdominal ultrasound as a first tests. Glucose blood level should be also checked (sometimes thirstiness and frequent urinating is caused by Diabetes). Depending of the results, spirometry and gastroscopy might be necessary. If you are able to attach blood tests, maybe I can give some more information. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.
People also viewed
- What is the cause of frequent thirst
- What causes constant dizziness when suffering from under active thyroid
- How to reduce chest pain
- Increased heartbeat weakness breathlessness heavy chest
- How to overcome chest wall pain
- What could causes fatiguenausea along with constant thirst
- How to query for chest pain
- How to overcome tight chest in sports
- What causes constant thirst when suffering from perspiration
- Swollen eye puffy and sore after squeezing a pimple
- Prescribed eltroxim and cobadex take it together thyroid results bad
- Painless lump on the neck causes
- Low humidity chest pains
- What causes imbalance when suffering from vertigo
- Jerk in lower back noise in leg while applying weight