What causes colourless sticky gel discharge from penis?

Dec 2013

Hi doctor, I have a serious issue which I need an advise to overcome. I use to masturbate once or twice in a week that was my routine and last couple of months I fully stopped doing it not even a single time, now what happened is every time I went to pee I can see a colourless sticky gel on the tip of my penis which is like a discharge...nd also I noticed sperm cameout at night when am sleeping also. Is this normal ?
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 1 hour later
Brief Answer: normal natural process of the body Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome and thanks for posting your query to the forum. I can understand your concern for the discharge of sticky gel on the tip of my penis and the discharge at night time. After thoroughly analyzing your problem and correlating all the facts with diligence let me first and foremost guide and reassure you that all of these things are totally normal thing and not at all related to any health condition or to any disease state. Let you understand the simple facts - Our human body in males starts secreting the seminal fluid after the starting of the teenage. It is a normal fact that due to hormonal influence we get our changes in masculine structure as well as other of the male related changes and so for the secretion of the seminal fluid too. In your kind of anxious persons I give an example of urine storage and urination. You know that urine is formed regularly and there is storage of urine in urinary bladder. We can not hold urine more than few hours and ultimately we have to urinate to release the pressure. In the same manner there is formation of seminal fluid but there is no any store house of semen and it is present in the small tubules in the testis and other of the tubes related to that. So due to our hormonal influence we have a desire for sex. In most of the circumstances it is fulfilled by the act itself or by the masturbation so that the seminal fluid is released. In your case too till the time you were doing masturbation there was no overflow but as you stopped doing there was more of the secretions which was not able to come out. This seminal fluid can be observed as a normal secretion in most of males whether higher or lower side according to the amount of secretion. In addition to above there are certain glands are present which also pours the secretions in the seminal fluid as well as for the lubrication of the tract. These secretions may be secreted by prostate glands and the glands around the urethra. All these secretions gives an appearance of colorless sticky gel or kind of nocturnal secretion which you are experiencing. So do not worry about this normal natural process of the body and get relaxed for all the things. I hope these informations clears all your doubts. I will be glad to answer any of your further queries. Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia MD- Dermatology & Sexually transmitted diseases