What causes coldness in left arm?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My husband experiences a coldness in his left arm on occasion to the point he has to put a blanket around it. He is 74 years old
Posted Sun, 2 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Can be due to vascular problems. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. Feeling of cold only in the left arm can be suggestive of a vascular insufficiency in the arm ( caused by cervical spondylosis cervical rib or a mass in the armpit) or a neurological deficit due to chronic problems like Diabetes or due to functional disorder of the nerves or vitamin B 12 deficiencies. He needs a careful assessment by the physician along with investigations like color Doppler study for arm and hand blood vessels for proper diagnosis and further treatment. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL