What causes coldness in left arm?
User rating for this question
My husband experiences a coldness in his left arm on occasion to the point he has to put a blanket around it. He is 74 years old
Posted Sun, 2 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Can be due to vascular problems. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. Feeling of cold only in the left arm can be suggestive of a vascular insufficiency in the arm ( caused by cervical spondylosis cervical rib or a mass in the armpit) or a neurological deficit due to chronic problems like Diabetes or due to functional disorder of the nerves or vitamin B 12 deficiencies. He needs a careful assessment by the physician along with investigations like color Doppler study for arm and hand blood vessels for proper diagnosis and further treatment. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
People also viewed
- Can high triglycerides cause erection problems
- What cause sharp pain underneath the left arm
- Can heart murmur cause erection
- Is increased cough a side effect of nasacort aq?
- Stomach lining erosion cause extrasystoles
- Is bone or joint pain a side effect of myorisan?
- Is frequent urination a side effect of naproxen?
- What are the side effects of mucinex full force?
- Can exercise cause tachycardia
- What causes throbbing in left arm
- What can cause chronic pain in left arm
- Meth use caused enlarged heart
- Is diarrhea a side effect of methylprednisolone?
- What causes cold arms and fingers
- What causes coldness in left arm