What causes cold,nasal congestion associated with tiredness?

I have had a cold for almost two weeks now that doesn't seem to get any better. I am extremely tired and just want to sleep. I am able to work and don't feel terribly ill, just tired. I don't cough hardly at all but have a lot of sinus issues - congestion especially. Should I go to a doctor or just wait it out?
Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Brief Answer: See Doctor for rapid evaluation. Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, Tiredness is a common manifestation associated to flu or viral infections in general. Serious bacterial infections can lead to tiredness too. In your case, morning doses of Vitamin C could offer immense help. A past history of nasal congestion is a predisposing factor for sinus infection or sinusitis. Severe tiredness could imply possible infection requiring rapid evaluation and relief of the congestion, treating of an infection if present. Nasal lavage with normal saline, use of decongestants like local anti histaminic drugs could help. Anti biotics would be prescribed in case of infection. A past history of sinus issues, might at some point require special x rays and exams to ascertain the state of sinuses. I suggest you get consulted by a doctor, considering your past medical history. Decongestion, anti biotics, drainage of sinuses in case of serious infection are all useful treatment options. Vitamin C tablets could aid in relieving fatigue. Kind regards. Dr Bain