What causes cold, heavy nasal congestion, sneezing and low grade fever?

I had the onset of a cold about 6-8 days ago. Pretty heavy nasal congestion, sneezing, low grade fever (99.1 degrees) lost my voice for a couple of days. Since, my nasal congestion has drastically improved, my voice has improved (still a bit scratchy), and no fever, but I am still achy. I feel as though I have a fever at times, but I don't. Is this normal?
Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 2 hours later
Brief Answer: You will recover soon Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Hi , I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern. You had suffered from an Upper Respiratory Tract Infection , that too probably Viral in origin. The problem you are suffering even after an acute event is quite common. You need not worry for this. I advice you following : 1. Warm Saline Gargles 3-4 times a day. 2. Steam Inhalation 3-4 times a day. 3. Anti Histaminic like Levocetrizine 5mg once daily preferably at night time for 3-5 days. 4. Tab Paracetamol 500 mg twice daily for 3 days (For your body aches). You may also instead of taking the above mentioned drugs individually , take a combination like LCZ Cold twice daily for 3 days. I hope you will recover completely in 5-7 days. This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any query you may please ask me. Stay Healthy. Dr Anshul Varshney , MD