What causes coffee coloured vomit?

hi my name is XXXXXXX XXXXXXX I was kicked out of my . mother's house when I was. 18. Shortly after I started developing abdominal pains in the middle part of my torso. and it goes lower into my belt line. I have been diagnosed with gurd. There done every test they can in the er but I can find n othing. last night it escalates into my right arm and lower back. The pains are so painful. I don't have insurance. so I can't go get a scope done and I don't know how else to approach it. I also puke coffee like substances when I have my episodes. my mom's side of the family has crowns disease. and my two half sister on my dad's side has liver Fi fibrosis stage 4. and a fatty liver
Posted Thu, 27 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Upper GI Bleeding. Proton Pump Inhibitors, Antieme Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You have Upper Gastro Intestinal tract Bleeding anywhere in oesophagus or stomach or first part of small intestine. That is why your vomitus look Coffee colored. It shows that the blood has been in contact with stomach acid long enough for the acid to turn the blood a dark browny red colour. Now the bleeding episode is slow. But in future it may be heavier and you may have blood vomiting. There are plenty of causes for Coffee colored vomiting. As you had the injury some where before and these sickness stared shortly after, It might be the cause for bleeding. You have to understand that without any Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, it is very difficult to find the exact cause of the Upper GI bleeding. Because most common causes are Ulcers in stomach, Gastro esophageal reflex disease, liver cirrhosis and esophageal varices If scopy do not cover, then at least do the following investigations to rule out other causes. 1. liver function test and Ultrasound abdomen to rule out any liver disease 2. Fecal occult blood testing 3. Urea breath test for H.Pylori 4. Routine complete blood tests If you are unable to do these tests, you have to take a trail of proton pump inhibitors like Pantaprazole with antiemetics like domperidone twice daily. If the H. Pylori is positive in urea breath test, you have to take antibiotics like amoxycillin or clarithromycin or metronidazole in addition to above drugs. You need further life style modifications like quit smoking and alcohol, Avoiding spicy foods, Avoid skipping of breakfast or meals, Avoid junk and fast foods, Avoid Oily and Greasy foods. Hope this helps. Please write back for further disease. Wishing you good health.
Follow-up: What causes coffee coloured vomit? 3 minutes later
Do you have any where that you know can help a young dad out
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Sorry. This for second opinion only. Detailed Answer: Hello, Sorry to say this. This is a forum and here the consultants are requested to provide the second opinion. Here i cannot redirect you to somewhere. Please consult with your Primary care Physician and get proper treatment. Wishing you good health.