Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes cloudy urine after injury to testicles?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Hi. I recently injured my testicles and they were sore for a few days. They are better now but not fully healed. I've had cloudy urine off and on. Sometimes I know I haven't had enough water too but this morning I woke up and pee was a little cloudy. I have no pain or bad odor. Can this be from the sore testicle or not drinking water while I slept or even baby powder I put on? Thanks
Posted Mon, 24 Feb 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: It may be caused by both and I dont think there is some serious issue. It is important that there is no testicle swelling,redness, pain of blood in urine. Cloudy urine can be normal or just sign of mild uroinfection. I suggest to drink plenty of water,raspberry tea,elevate your testicles while sleeping. If cloudy urine persists,you should do basic urine analysis to rule out infection and hematuria. And if pain in testicles persist,you should do ultrasound to rule out some more serious injuries. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards