What causes clay colored stools,skin itching,loss of appetite and tingling?

Feb 2016

General Surgeon
I am on Humira for U.C. but I'm currently in remission but having strange side effects. Upon reading the literature it says to call my doctor immediately with the symptoms of clay colored stool, skin itching, loss of appetite and tingling and shoulder pain. Any idea what those symptoms would lead to?
Posted Wed, 29 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: Obstructive jaundice, needs urgent investigations Detailed Answer: Hi. Your symptoms of clay colored stools, skin itching, loss of appetite, tingling lead me to think of hepatitis/ Jaundice. I would like you to see a Doctor ASAP to get clinically checked and undergo the tests for Liver Function and others as may be suggested by Him. You also need to have an urgent ultrasonography to know the reason as this may be obstructive jaundice, meaning there is an obstruction in the flow of bile. To me this may not be due to Humira. Your Doctor may also look for the reasons of shoulder pain. If the shoulder pain is on the right side only can be due to problem with your bile conducting ducts. All the best for early diagnosis and I would like to get the reports and further progress. Keep me posted. Regards