What causes chronic rash and itch from behind the scrotum?
User rating for this question
experiencing a chronic rash and itch from behind the scrotum, forward in the creases to the upper groin. thought it might be typical jock itch but lotrimin didn't touch it. triamcinolone acetonide .1% seems to help but I know it's not the appropriate thing to be using in that area. this has been ongoing for the better part of a year. up to the lotrimin applications, I got some relief from the itching from sarna lotion. I suppose it's time to see my dermatologist, dr. XXXXXXX ..kind of embarrassing visit for sure. any ideas?
Posted Sun, 2 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Saul Weinreb 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: eczematous rash Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for using XXXXXXX I will do my best to help Most likely this is an eczematous rash, which happens due to chronic irritation. Your dermatologist will probably prescribe a high potency steroid cream for you to take for a while until it is gone. However, it is important to see your dermatologist, who may want to take a tiny skin biopsy as well to make sure it isn't another type of skin disorder. You also might want to stop using all soaps and shampoos that you have been using on that area and only rinse in water. If that helps, it may mean that you are allergic to one of the products that you have been using. Then you can start using only a gentle non scented baby soap and hopefully it should be better. But I definitely agree that it should be evaluated by a dermatologist. I hope this helps, please let me know if there is any other information you need.
People also viewed
- What causes rashes on scrotum
- Scrotum heat rash causes
- Pooping green mucus after taking nyquil
- Husband has small dark red scabs on shaft of the undersid of
- Is diabities permanent curable
- How garlic helps after turp surgery
- Hole in gum after ulcer
- I am a 34 year old man and i started losing my hair about tw
- I am having sharp stabing pains in my stomach that goes away
- Green in after surgery wound
- What causes chronic rash and itch from behind the scrotum
- What causes itching in the scrotum
- Pain that goes away after sleep
- What std causes a red scaly rash on scrotum
- How much will crestor 20 lower my cholesterol