What causes chronic ear lobe pain and crusty discharge?

I have been having severe problems for months now with the outer top lip of my ear... it seems to produce from nowhere... white crusty discharge and it has a lump inside the skin.. I went to a dermatologist who referred me to an ent.. who cut something small out of the top of the ear skin...but this has not helped the problem.... i am now post surgery over a month and the pain is still excruciating.. when the white crust falls off then more is produced though i see no hole for this to be coming from...can you advise me
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please post a snap shot of your ear lobe Detailed Answer: Hi Mrs XXXXXXX welcome to XXXXXXX Chronic ear lobe pain and crusty discharge can be due to many reasons. as your ENT has already seen you, common causes must have already been ruled out. Falling white crusts can be uric acid crystals of tophi, a presentation of gout. It may also be due to a cartilage disease like polychondritis (less likely). Please post a snap shot of your ear lobe so that we arrive at the best possible diagosis. Waiting for reply and images.