What causes chest pain?

I have had thoracic spasms for about ten years and have had no luck wirh doctors. I had TB about 65 years ago and was treated with a pneumothorax for four years and have been well since then and led a very active life. I am now 94 years old ND MY ONLY COMPLAINT IS rCURRING CHEST PAINS, I have adheshions and I have never been told that they may cause pain but I think they may be the cause.
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: provide description of your chest pain Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXX, Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX I went through your query and understood your concerns. Chest pain can be from chest wall , lung or heart. If you give me a Desription of chest pain, i would be able to guide you better. When did the pain start? What is the quality of the pain? How long does the pain last? Does the pain come and go? What makes the pain better? What makes the pain worse? Does the pain radiate somewhere (move to another area of the body)? Has there been any preceding illness? Has there been any trauma? Is the pain different than that of a previous condition that has been experienced, or is it similar? Atrial fibrilation do causes chest pain some times. As your atrial fibrilation is under control, its a good sign. Get back to me with these information, I will be glade to answer your qyert. Regards
Follow-up: What causes chest pain? 16 hours later
I have ha episodes of this chest pain only during the past ten years ago. It has usually followed a strenuous trip or other unusual exertion. I have been told by chest doctors that I have adhesions and I think this must be the cause, I have not consulted my doctor regarding this pain for years because he always asked me to have a CTscan and then prescribed some type of pain killer that did not work. The pain moves around and usually has lasted about a week. This time it is lasting longer and I would like to know if there is something I could do to end it. I have stayed in bed and that helps very little. I have tried lying in different positions and that does not help. I used to be able to go to sleep and felt better after a night's sleep but this time I cannot sleep. The pain is severe but comes and goes and sometimes I may have a minute or two without pain.