What causes chest pain with breathing difficulty and upper back pain?

Rheumatologist
Question
. I have anxiety. so I dont know if its anxiety or really headt related. stabbing chest pain shock like chest pain. out of breath its hard to breathe when I lay down ive been having upper back pain ive been having a cough like feeling in my chest. im scared. I went to a cardiologist 4 months ago he ran tests put me on a monitor and said everything was fine. so whats wrong witb me
Posted Mon, 3 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I will like to tell you that for rulling out any cardiac problem ECG , 2 D ECHO , CHEST X RAY will be the preliminary investigation . If these have been done and your cardiologist was not able to find out any abnormality then you can rule out acrdiac problem . Plus your age is also not supprtive , you are just 20 years . Labelling someone having anxiety is when all the tests come negative pertaining to the disease thought , that is , it is a diagnosis of exclusion . I will advise you not to worry , you should see a psychiatrist for this , it is probable that you may be having panic attacks but we need to examine you first and then decide upon this Take care. Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: What causes chest pain with breathing difficulty and upper back pain? 4 minutes later
ive had all those tests done about 5 months ago and the doctor said everything is fine. another doctor on this site said it might be agina so now im worried. do you think I have that?

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for reverting back . In my opinion I dont think you have angina considering your age and there is no risk factor also . A cardiologist would have diagnosed angina if he saw any symptoms relating to that . You should stop worrying and see a psychiatrist because anxiety is well treatable . It is worth giving a try . Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: What causes chest pain with breathing difficulty and upper back pain? 5 hours later
is this cough like pressure feeling in my chest sometjing to worry about

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, These all can be signs of anxiety attacks , what you call panic attack . There is nothing to worry about but you need to get it treated . If cough is due to some infection then fever , presence of sputum etc. is there . If any cardiac cause is there , it has already been ruled . These are only two causes of cough generally , both of them are not there , so why are you worried . Dr. Shruti