What causes chest pain with belching when BP goes high?

When my bp goes high such as 173/85 my chest hurts and i start belching. doctor did ekg ad it was what he called stone cold perfect during one of these episodes. but didn't say why this happens as soon as bp starts dropping my chest stops hurting. i can't tell which is happening first.
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Ideal would be to get stress test done. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for the query. If this is happening only with raised BP , then a cardiac cause surely needs to be ruled out.Particular stress angina needs to be ruled out. EKG at rest might be normal, so further investigations like cardiac enzymes and stress test should be undertaken. These tests are more specific to pick up early diagnosis.In addition 2Decho can be undertaken. Though there is belching associated with this I am not considering possibility of reflux as symptoms are triggered by high BP , which is unusual for a reflux. I would generally want my patients to see a cardiologist sooner in cases like yours. Hope this helps.Please feel free to ask if there are doubts.Regards.