What causes chest pain, weakness and tingling inspite of normal cardiac and blood tests?
User rating for this question
i started out eith severe chest pain on upperleft chest, near shoulder. was admitted to the coronoary unit at lenox hill hspital after being seen in the er there. they did all test, including 4 blood tests, 4 ekg's, echocardigram, and finally amgiogram -- all normal, no blockages, etc. was released last night, still. having the same quality of pain but moved to back of shoulder and left arm, still a little in chest, with weakness, tingling and weakness in left hand and fingers.
Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It can be due to nerve compression. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing your query. Since your cardiac investigations are within normal limits, cardiac abnormality seems unlikely. After reading your post, it seems that muscular pain and nerve compression can be the cause of your symptoms. You should get yourself clinically examined and investigated by a Neurophysician. MRI of the upper thoracic area will be helpful. You can take painkiller like Ibuprofen twice daily after meals along with a muscle relaxant like Chloroxazone and an antacid like Omeprazole 40mg once a day before meals after consulting your doctor. Avoid lifting heavy weights from that side. I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help. Regards. Thanks.
Follow-up: What causes chest pain, weakness and tingling inspite of normal cardiac and blood tests? 3 minutes later
By neurophyscian do you mean a neurologist? Could it be pulmonary?
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 14 minutes later
People also viewed
- Is swelling of the face, fingers, feet, or lower legs a side effect of toprol xl?
- Is swelling of the face, fingers, feet, or lower legs a side effect of avodart?
- Throbbing and stabbing vaginalginal pain
- What causes chest pain with normal test results
- Pain in tailbone when sneezing
- Chest pain and hand tingling
- Is pain, tenderness, or swelling of the foot or leg a side effect of bactrim ds?
- Spondylolisthesis pain in the testicles
- Chest pain arm tingle
- Stomach pain when standing up
- Temple spot and pain
- Is swelling of the face, hands, feet, or lower legs a side effect of sildenafil?
- Duromine chest pains tingling
- Chest pains that tingle shocks
- Is burning, red, tender, thick, scaly, or peeling skin a side effect of toradol?