What causes chest pain and knot in back after a fall?

i fell on my back a few weeks ago nd now it just feels like i have a big knot back there but since then have also had a pain in my front left chest close to my armpit. it hurts when i cough,breath and especially sneeze. all this on top of a torn rotator cuff that i have been rehabbing for the last couple months on the same side. did i hurt a rib? and why do i hurt on the front?
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Need urgent tests&futher consultations... Detailed Answer: Hi there, The big knot on the back after falling with continuous pain in front left chest close to armpit could be related to post-traumatic complications: - hematoma - broken ribs - abdominal complications I strongly suggest to get an urgent evaluation by doing : - chest X-ray - abdominal ultrasound - physical examination by a neurologist and pulmonologist to exclude possible complications. All the best! Dr.Klerida