What causes chest pain after removal of fluid from chest?

Excellent

Pulmonologist
Question
Hi, Two years ago (jan 2011) I had fluid filled in my right lung and same was removed with help of Needles and tubes in multiple times. Still there was some spots remain and as per expert it was in solid state and could not be removed. Still epxert tried two times with help of needle to clear but could not do as it was in somewhat solid state. I took medicine for 6 month and over the time my xray report show improvement. Still, sometime I experience little pain in my right chest. I have recent xray report and want some specialist to review and let me know if it is okay. I have consulted other doctor who treated my and say its okay, still I need opinion from someone who is specialized in this. I will give all my report and old & new xray . Please let me know 1- if there is no any issue with my lung. 2- If there is still some issue, can it be treated ever. see medical report & xray here - http://bit.ly/LQdsnp Thanks
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 2 hours later
Brief Answer: It is pleural thickening. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting the query on XXXXXXX After going through your query, I would like to comment the following: 1. You seem to have been treated for right TB pleural effusion in the past. 2. Your current findings are suggestive of right pleural thickening that is suggestive of old healed lesion. However you may do a fresh usg thorax to confirm the diagnosis. 3. As such no active management is required for pleural thickening but you may start lung expansion exercises like incentive spirometry. A physiotherapist shpuld be able to guide you regarding the same. 4. In absence of any active disease, no active management is required at present. I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any. Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries. Regards Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra MBBS MD DNB Consultant Pulmonologist

Follow-up: What causes chest pain after removal of fluid from chest? 6 hours later
Thanks sir for your answer. Yes I have treated with tb pleural effusion. I have below queries 1- please explain point no 2. What do you mean by healed lesion. In my childhood at age of 2-3year, I had minor wound in same chest and was treated at my village hospital. I remember they inserted some cotton etc in it. Now I am happy that no active management is required. Thanks

Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: Healed lesion needs no active management. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the follow up query. After going through your follow up query, I would like to comment the following: Old healed lesion is in the context of your treated pleural effusion. As you had been explained that it had solidified , the residual solidification has been left now . It is harmless and needs no active management. Just do regular chest physiotherapy. I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any. Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries. Regards Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra MBBS MD DNB Consultant Pulmonologist