What causes cheek to quiver while smiling?

What cause cheek to quiver when smiling? When cheek quiver I don't feel it. Some one whom I was speaking to made a aware of it, that is when I saw it in the mirror.
Posted Sat, 30 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Considerations Detailed Answer: hello and thanks for sending the question. This is an excellent question. There are several different factors which may be influencing symptoms which were experiencing. You're certainly not alone in experiencing this symptom. He does not necessarily reflect some type of neurological disorder. Sometimes it can be associated with nervousness or mild anxiety. You might consider this in situations where you have appreciated that you're experiencing this twitching. I assume that you are otherwise healthy and not taking medications at this time.there is a remote possibility that there may be some underlying neurological issue but this would only be a consideration if you have other symptoms. At this time would recommend that you consider some exercises and medication techniques to see if this helps improve your symptoms. Sometimes if we concentrate uncertain symptoms he can actually exacerbate these symptoms. consider the exercises below to see if this helps improve your symptoms over the next several months. 1- Blowing cheek with air for a while and release it 2-Squeezing the the cheek muscles towards nose, holding it for a while and then release (like you have smelled something really bad) 3-Squeezing forehead muscles towards the middle of eyebrows, holding it for couple of seconds and then releasing it (just like when you feel angry at something) 4-Avoiding psychological anxiety 5-maintain a healthy exercise regimen and well-balanced diet. thank you again for sending your question. Please let us know if we can help you with anything else in the future. Sincerely, Dr. Galamaga