What causes changes in shape of adams apple?

I am 27 years old male and my adams apple seems to be going through some major changes. I have never felt my adams apple or noticed the shape but it feels like its eroding down the middle or something weird. Not sure if it's getting worse. But is it normal to have a crevasse from the top of youradams apple splitting it into two parts? Does you adams apple change or get smaller with age?
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: diseases of XXXXXXX XXXXXXX are very rare Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX I can see your concern. Adams apple is medically known as thyroid cartilage. Any cartilage gets ossified over some time and so is adams apple It is bound to change size over time and fixes at a later stage once it is ossified. Also, it is normal to have a crevasse from the top of adams apple splitting it into two parts. We mostly get the impression of its size variations due to variability in fat accumulation around it making it more or less prominent. Diseases of XXXXXXX XXXXXXX are very rare and hence I suggest you not to worry too much about it. Regards,