What causes changes in bowel movements with itchiness on back and thighs?

Hi Doctor, I was dignosed with H.pylori 6months ago. i was treated with 2 types of antibiotics and now i am on PPI for past 3 months as i still suffer from heartburn from time to time. i have noticed that my bowl movement has increased to 3time a day(usually just once before)..also, my hands and feet are sweating now. Also, i feel itchy some nights on my back and thighs...any idea what it could be?
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Peptic Ulcer
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: Causes to itchy back&feet... Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your medical history and feel sorry for the situation you are in. At the same time, I am glad to know that you are taking proper treatment for H.pylori. The changes in your bowel movements (increased to 3 times/day), and itchiness on your back and thighs, might be related to possible allergic reaction most probably cause by intestinal parasites. I suggest to do : - examination of stool for ova/parasites - complete blood profile together with eosinophils levels - culture of stool for candida (as candida thrush will arise due to long-time use of antibiotics). The sweating in your hands and feet are related to: - oscillations to blood sugar/pressure caused by frequent bowel movements. I suggest to monitor your blood sugar/pressure when your hands/feet are sweating and record the results for further evaluation - changes in thyroid hormones; a further measurement of thyroid hormones and ACTH is also advised. I also advise to: - drink more water - take otc tasectan, probiotics, o.r.s for increased bowel movements Hope it was of help! Dr.Klerida
Follow-up: What causes changes in bowel movements with itchiness on back and thighs? 14 minutes later
thank you for you reply. i have some follow up questions. 1. I had done endoscopy for the H.Pylori and there was no Thrush I I still need to do stool test for Candida? 2. I had a blood work done back in August of this year and everything was normal...wouldn't it show any thyroid issues then?
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 18 hours later
Brief Answer: Please upload the results of the tests... Detailed Answer: Hi back, Thank you for following up. 1. Although no thrush was detected during your upper endoscopy, it might be present in the lower GI tract. Furthermore, you were not using antibiotics at the time of endoscopy. 2. Can you please upload the blood work results? If it was a routine blood work, it won't detect thyroid issues. Only some specific tests (including TSH, T3 and T4 levels) would determine thyroid problems. Hope it answered to your query! Dr.Klerida