Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes change in color of penis tip ?

Question
Sir, my penis head smells and its colour is turning from pink to black and it smells a lot.I have developed PPP when i was 18 and from that time slowly my penis head started changing the color.I never had sex when this transition began.I am 25 now.Sometimes even burns while urinating.Now, the opening at the tip of my penis has also started to turn black.I am getting worried and embarassed.It feels like some infection is spreading and whole of my penis head is approaching to turn black.If i leave it uncleaned for even 1 or 2 days, a smelly debris accumulates on the shaft.So i wash it regularly.There is no discharge from the tip of opening though,and no lumps.There is just this tiny pearl kind white dots surrounding lower portion of shaft.I am very embarassed to reveal this to anyone.Please help me out
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 13 minutes later

The change in color - darkening of the tip of penis is because of pigmentation. It can be the effect of hormones or overactivity of melanocytes in that area.

To decrease the pigmentation, take same amount of vinegar and use for cleansing the skin. Rinse the skin and let it dry naturally by air. The acetic acid in the vinegar will help in getting rid of the dark color and also allows the skin to remain radiant as well as smooth. XXXXXXX cider vinegar as well as natural vinegars are beneficial for treating this health condition.

You can also mix a Vitamin E capsule with some drops of castor oil and spread the content over the affected parts.

Report to your doctor if you find secondary changes such as increase in the size of hyperpigmentation, change in the colour / texture of the skin, itching, redness, swelling, ulcerations, etc occur.

The burning during micturition might be due to mild urinary infection. Taking plenty of fluids and cranberry juice will help.

The smelly debris which collects on the shaft is actually smegma- the penile secretions. These need to be cleaned regularly after retracting the foreskin. Observing regular cleaning of the area will help in reducing the problem.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Regards.