What causes burps,chest pain,black stool,indigestion and stomach pain early morning?

for 1 month burps,chest pain,black stool,indigestion stomach pain early morning, stool test done but no blood, cbc,urine,liver test done jaundice before(2.42) now (1.52) after i was diagnosed with jaundice,then i was admitted that time i had loose motion, after i was discharged i had undigested food in stools,now stool is good but at times black stools. after having food ,i have burps,chest pain,also early morning stomach pain for a while this is going on constantly for 1 month.
Posted Mon, 3 Feb 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: Consult a Gastroenterologist Detailed Answer: Hi there, Thanks for your query. Your symptoms are suggestive of Stomach/duodenal ulcer(s) with Gastro-esophageal Reflux Disease (GERD), most probably due to a bacterial infection (H.pylori infection). Occasional bleed from the stomach ulcers had apparently resulted in transient black stools lasting for a day or two, depending on the amount of bleeding (tarry black stools are characteristic of bleeding in the stomach / intestine). Further, you had apparently suffered from a mild attack of Hepatitis (jaundice), which is on the way to recovery. I cannot comment further on jaundice, in the absence of all liver function test reports, as well as, other relevant reports. Undigested food material in stools is suggestive of mal-absorption (defective absorption in the intestine). I would therefore recommend that you undergo Endoscopy to directly visualize the state of inner lining of stomach and duodenum and also presence of ulcers if any. A stomach biopsy is simultaneously taken during endoscopic procedure, and tested for H.pylori. Alternatively, a breath test can also be done for the diagnosis. You should also undergo an ultrasound of Liver, Gall-bladder, Common Bile duct, and Pancreas, to detect any abnormality in these organs. Consult a Gastroenterologist and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with me; order required tests, and- based on the reports- will arrive at a certain diagnosis and prescribe suitable treatment as advised. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Take care, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal