What causes burning sensations in groin and upper thighs?

My 88 yr old mom is having burning sensations in her groin and upper thighs at night. She is diabetic, oral med controlled, and sufferred a tia XXXXXXX 7, 2014. She is also blind
Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: peripheral neuropathy Detailed Answer: Hello She might have developed peripheral neuropathy. It is condition associated with diabetes and manifests as burning or continuous itching sensation in body. Specially extremities are affected more. I advise methylcobalamine tablets to my patients and they get good relief with this. Please meet your doctor and discuss regarding this. Let Me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you