What causes burning sensation on tongue?

burning tongue I have had it about 2 yrs tried vitamins b 12 shot my doctor knows about it what can I do next always feels burnt
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please answer some questions Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX Please answer some questions so that we try to help in best way. 1) do you have burning elsewhere in your mouth or just tongue? 2) do you have any ulcerations 3) which region burns most- the tip, dorsum or sides 4) is there any specific time like more in morning etc 5) do you have any dental problems we are waiting for your reply. Thank you.
Follow-up: What causes burning sensation on tongue? 42 minutes later
answers to questions 1no
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: what about question no: 3? Detailed Answer: Hi, If the answers to all questions is no, what about question no: 3? waiting for your response.
Follow-up: What causes burning sensation on tongue? 2 minutes later
1. no just mouth 2. n0 3. the tip 4. all the time 3.the top of tongue and under
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: you may be having neurological pain. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the information. I get the feeling that you have neurological pain. the tip of the tongue is supplied by chorda tympani nerve, whose irritation can result in burning (glossodynia). If you have no other condition like diabetes, thyroid disease (which can cause these symptoms), then you may try drugs like gabapentin or pregabalin after consulting your doc. Hope this will help.