Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes burning sensation on penis after masturbation?

Excellent

Question
when I masturbate next day I feel burning on my penis, I have taken all test advised by doctor, I have also get checked by urologist.
Posted Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: Lubrication or circulatory issue Detailed Answer: Hello sir and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. I would like to first ask you if while masturbating you use a lubricant? If not, then please start using a lubricant (eg. oil, petroleum jelly, etc.). And if you do, could you write to me letting me know which lubricant you use, as some lubricants can result in irritation of the penis, which has a very sensitive superficial layer. Also, the other possibility could be a circulatory problem, caused by your diabetes. Once we go through the issue of lubrication, we shall then consider this option. But for now, I look forward to hearing from you with your kind response and helping you out further. Best wishes sir.

Follow-up: What causes burning sensation on penis after masturbation? 2 hours later
I have never used any Lubricant ever, I feel the same past during 2 nod time , on advice of doctor I also taken ultra sound for prostrate, report was normal for all abdominal. Presently all is ok

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: Start using a lubricant while masturbating sir Detailed Answer: Hello once again sir. Then your problem is quite simple and has a simple solution to it. Something your doctor should have thought about in the very start. The friction caused between your hand and the skin on your penis can result in bruises on your penis, which result in the burning sensation sir. All you need to do is to start using a good lubricant like oil or vaseline or a cream or lotion, while masturbating and your problem will be solved. I hope you find my response both helpful and informative. Please write to me for any further clarifications, and I would be more than happy to help you. Best wishes.

Follow-up: What causes burning sensation on penis after masturbation? 1 hour later
Can I go for Uroflow test to confirm status of Prostate , is prostrate is genitic as my father having the same and he is under treatment

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: Not required, but you can go ahead with it sir Detailed Answer: Hello once again sir. As the ultrasound of your prostate was normal, I doubt the uroflow test would yield any beneficial results. But, you could go ahead with the same for your satisfaction. But, the burning sensation on your penis after masturbation cannot be related to the prostate unless you have an infection also present. As you do not have any signs of an infection, the problem is more superficial and not deep down. I would like to request you to start using lubrication and then watch if your penis burns after or not. Try this for a few days/weeks, and then report back to me sir. I am sure this is the solution to your problem and not something complicated. Wishing you nothing but the best sir.