What causes burning sensation on in arms and hands in the evening?

hello, I have a burning sensation on the tender parts of my arms and hands. it feels like ive been laying in a poison ive patch. this only occurs in the evening hrs. my dr says its damaged nerves in my spine. but why only in the eve? thank you
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir , Thank you for posting your query on HM. Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that the burning that you are experiencing is a result of peripheral neuropathy which can be because of compression of nerves in your spine possibly due to degenerative changes . Other thing that needs to be ruled out is diabetes because it can also lead to similar complaints . Why only in night cannot be answered but generally people have aggravation of such symptoms in night may be because of increased alertness towards the burning as in the day you are busy with other works or due to some posture in which you sleep . I will also advise you to get an NCV done to see if there is any nerve dysfunction . Take care. Dr. Shruti