Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes burning sensation in penis after urination?

Apr 2014

Hi Doctor I sometimes get a burning feeling on my penis after lasts for couple of minutes . I have noticed this is generally after I eat spicy food . What can be the reason and what is the solution ?. I am 34yrs/ male in good health who practices safe sex.
Posted Wed, 26 Feb 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Probably you are suffering from UTI. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX Probably you are suffering from urinary tract infection. You need few investigations like routine hemogram,Random blood sugar,Urine RE/ME,Urine culture and sensitivity and Ultrasound of abdomen.Further investigations can be done if needed. Ultrasound of abdomen can detect other associated pathology like calculus in kidney,Urinary bladder etc. Don't worry,you will be alright with antibiotics. At present you need proper antibiotics after culture and sensitivity report. Culture and sensitivity is needed because now a days because bacteria are resistant to many drugs. You can also take alkalizing syrup 1 TSf thrice daily for 5-7 days. You should consult your physician if problem is persistent. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX