What causes burning sensation in my chest and left shoulder pain during sleep?
User rating for this question
I have noticed left shoulder and arm pain only when trying to sleep at night, when active no pain I am 54 years old do not drink or smoke, after working out at the gym my blood pressure on 1-02-2014 was 107/69 pulse rate 91, on 1-08-2014 after my workout rit was 115/75 pulse rate 103. After my workout to day I experienced a burning sensation in My chest I took a couple of bayer aspirin it did go away. My concern is the left shoulder pain when trying to rest.
Posted Wed, 29 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Get x-ray cervical spine,shoulder done. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your problem. You should get your x-ray of cervical spine in AP and Lateral and x-ray of left shoulder in AP. For burning sensation in chest even though you have normal blood pressure, you should not ignore it you should consult your doctor. Your doctor may advise treadmill test etc. Send me reporting of above mention x-rays etc or discus it with doctor. Only then your diagnosis be made. Till then apply hot packs for 30 mins in morning and evening in affected parts. You can take aceclofenac+thiocolchicoside combination by discussing it with your doctor. Avoid lifting heavy objects especially in gym. Once pain subsides you may do shoulder and static cervical spine exercises as uploaded on you tube. It is good that you don't smoke or drink. Always consult doctor before taking any medicine. I hope you have get your answer. You are welcome to ask any health related query. Thanks. Dr.Singh.
People also viewed
- What causes shoulder pain during pregnancy
- Diarrhea high fever and shivering
- Broken rib floating inside of me
- Diarrhea mild vomiting nausea for 4 days
- Broken ribs fever
- When will my broken foot stop hurting
- Diabetes labia bumps
- Mri while pregnant broken foot
- Shoulder pain with burning sensation
- Diarrhea and pregnancy 2nd trimester
- Broken toe and swollen foot
- Inidestion and left shoulder pain causes
- What is the cause and treatment for shoulder pain
- Diagnosis for 3yr old with cough fever crusty eye
- What is the suggested medication for shoulder pain during sleep