What causes burning sensation in back after having protected sex?
User rating for this question
I had sex with one gal last week Saturday but i used condom.. But i feared and went to doctor they prescribed pep. Im continue that medicine last week but now i feel burning my back .. im too scared what i need to do next ?
Posted Fri, 3 Jan 2014 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Sonila Borici 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please follow the suggestions below... Detailed Answer: Hi, I read your medical history carefully and understood your concern. You are saying to have had sex with a gal by using a condom and after that you started PEP treatment. Although this treatment is preventing the replication of the virus (if any), it carries its own side effects, one of which might includes burning back. Please report this as a side effect to your caring doctor for further following up. In such cases, you must stop the medications you are taking and wait for improvements. Otherwise, your doctor would prescribe other medications to ease your concerns. All the best! Dr.Sonila Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!
Follow-up: What causes burning sensation in back after having protected sex? 3 hours later
Answered by Dr. Sonila Borici 27 hours later
Brief Answer: Please follow the suggestions below.. Detailed Answer: Hi again With regards to your treatment Zidovudine and Lamividine have side effects like burning sensation. Please report to your treating doctor and discus with him for your next step. I am glad to know that P24 antigen test was negative. I strongly suggest to run your serological exams 12 weeks after Pep treatment because earlier tests (during Pep treatment) carry the risk of false negative results. Wishing you health If you have other concerns i will be glad to assist you Dr.Sonila
People also viewed
- Postpone period naturally lemon
- What could cause a back pain after a fever
- What causes burning sensation in back and thigh muscles
- What causes burning sensation in back after having protected sex
- Hiv positive after 8 months
- What causes back pain after eating bananas?
- Sore muscles in legsarms and shoulders
- Negative rapid hiv test after 8 weeks
- Sore legion under tip of tongue
- Sudden swelling right legg
- Hiv results after 4 months
- After vaccination hbsag test result positive
- What causes back pain after surgery for stenosis
- Hiv rna test after months
- Weakness in legs and tremors