What causes burning sensation in anus and frequent gas after taking Nexpro for oesophagitis?

Hi Dr. This is my follow up query regarding the oesophagitis grade a. I am in 4th week of medication of nexpro 40. I think the acidity has reduced but I feel burning sensation after the motion in anus area and freaquesnt gas. Please advise. Thanks
Posted Mon, 16 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 14 hours later
Brief Answer: Detailed answer given below Detailed Answer: Hi, Good to hear that you are feeling better with regards to your Grade A esophagitis. Continue taking Nexpro till you get complete relief. The burning sensation in the anus occurs due to many different conditions. Some of the common conditions include a fissure , hemorrhoids which occur if you are constipated. So if you are constipated, take high fiber diet and drink lot of fluids and if needed take fiber supplements. Do sitz bath (sit in a wide mouthed tub with warm water so that the anal part is touching it) for 10-15 minutes three times a day. You can also apply anesthetic gel . Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini