Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes burning sensation at the tip of the penis?

Question
i have a burning sensation at the tip of the penis but really no urge to urinate frequently just urinate normal!
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: You may have urethritis. Detailed Answer: Good Day and thank you for being with Healthcare Magic! Pain and burning sensation in the tip of the penis is almost always due to infection. Have you had sexual intercourse with a high risk individual like a sexual prostitute, a casual sexual partner or men 2 men sexual contact will be more prone to urethritis. Urethritis may also occur sporadically even without the presence of sexual contact but rarely occurs. Treatment for urethritis entails intramuscular injection of Ceftriaxone and intake of Azithromycin. These antibiotics usually requires a prescription so you may need to consult a urologist to get a prescription. I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications at: WWW.WWWW.WW I would gladly help you. Best wishes. Regards, Manuel C. See IV, M.D. DPBU FPUA

Follow-up: What causes burning sensation at the tip of the penis? 1 hour later
i had sex with a prostitute 4 weeks ago now not very proud of that moment. It was protected sex even oral i had a condom on isn't urethritis i sign of a STD :(

Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 13 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes urethritis is a form of STD. Detailed Answer: Thank you for your disclosure. Yes urethritis is a form of STD and good news is it is curable with proper antibiotics like the one's I mentioned before. I suggest you take prompt action and get a prescription since there is little chance that the disease would go away on its own. I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications at: WWW.WWWW.WW I would gladly help you. Best wishes. Regards, Manuel C. See IV, M.D. DPBU FPUA