What causes burning in groin and scrotum after a hernia operation?

I have had a hernia operation, my left testicle removed. Now I have burning in my groin and scrotum. What is going on. I'm loosing my mind. Have dealt with this for over 2 years. I've considered taking my life
Posted Wed, 12 Feb 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Symptoms indicate possible uro-genital infection.. Detailed Answer: Hi, You are saying that you had a hernia operation. Could you please indicate when did you have it? Burning in your groin and scrotum could be related to : - post-operation complication - possible infection of your uro-genital tract I'd suggest to : - do an abdominal/genital ultrasound - get your urine analyzed - if you are also having discharge from your genitalia, do culture of the discharge or urethral/seminal fluid - if you are not circumcised, you should talk to urologist to get circumcised - get your genitalia well cleaned and dry - wear cotton pants - drink more water - take otc zinc/magnesium citrate to regulate the pH of the urine Hope it answered to your query! Dr.Klerida Feel free to ask me other questions you might have at the next follow up!