What causes bump between the corona and shaft of penis after having sex?

Question
Hello Dr., After a couple hours of having protected sexual intercourse, I noticed a cord-like bump between the corona and shaft of my penis. It is more noticeable when erect and it has been persistent for 10 days. Several days before the incidence, I was diagnosed with Strep (from a throat culture). Upon doing a quick search on the internet, I found out a leading cause of "lymphagitis" (which is what I suppose I have) is Strep infection. I have been on Amoxicillin 500mg 2x/day for 14 days. Would you think these two incidences are related? Or is the penile issue one from physical trauma?
Posted Mon, 24 Feb 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Sclerosing lymphangitis. Reduce vigorous sexual ac Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understand your concern. There is no relation between the Streptococcal throat infection and sclerosing lymphangitis in penis. In fact, Sclerosing lymphangitis is a very common condition in men. Most of the men have the mild lymphangitis. This is nothing to worry about. It is usually due to traumatic sexual activity or Vigorous Masturbation resulting in the clot in the in the lymph vessels of penis. It will dissolve on it own in some days. My advice is to reduce and avoid the vigorous sexual activity till it becomes normal. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.

Follow-up: What causes bump between the corona and shaft of penis after having sex? 1 hour later
Thank you for this advice. Just so I understand then, the Sclerosing Lymphangitis is certainly not through an infection or bacterial origin?

Brief Answer: Not a bacterial or infection. Spontaneous recovery Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your reply. Yes. It is a benign condition and also non infectious. It is not a bacterial or other infection. You should abstain from any sexual activity till recovery. It will spontaneously recover in few weeks. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.