What causes bruising on body without any injury?

A large bruise appeared only elbow last week. a little odd pain down my arm toward wrist but that was it. No known cause. then this AM my wrist is bruised too. Wrist started to feel strange yesterday. Now I have the bruise on elbow and wrist and I am concerned. I am supposed to travel in 2 weeks on a serious fishing trip and this is my good arm. please advise
Posted Thu, 6 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: Considerations Detailed Answer: Hello and thank you for submitting your question. In light of your upcoming trip, I highly recommend you see your physician for a proper physical examination and blood work, because you are absolutely sure the bruises aren't from an injury to the area. Blood tests to be performed may reasonably include a CBC, metabolic panel, liver function tests, coagulation studies, Iron studies, and possibly urinalysis. Also mention any medications you are currently taking as well as general diet and alcohol consumption. Of course, any lab work will be performed at the discretion of your physician. In the meantime, please discontinue any anti-inflammatory medicines and aspirin, unless the aspirin is for heart health, as might have been prescribed by a physician. Again, thanks for submitting your question and rest up for your big trip. Take care, Dr. G