What causes bruising ankles?

My ankles feel like they are bruised when I touch them they feel bruised
Posted Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 5 days later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that your history is insufficient to suggest anything . By bruising if you mean they are tender with swelling it can be synovitis and suggestive of arthritis . Rest if there is history of some exertion it can be due to fatigue . You have to send a detailed problem . Take care. Dr. Shruti
Follow-up: What causes bruising ankles? 1 hour later
Sorry I thought I sent my other message. I actually began to run aprt from my practice schedule in baseball. It goes and comes especially when I run too much.
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: follows. Detailed Answer: Dear sir , Then I think it is due to overexertion . I will advise you to take rest , hot fomentation and can use topical analgesic gels . Dr. Shruti