What causes bruise like pain in the bottom of foot?
User rating for this question
Why do I have pain like a bruise on the bottom of my foot. Sometimes its the whole foot (both feet), sometimes the heel area, sometimes the arch area, sometimes the metatarsal area. Sometimes one hour I can hardly stand being on my feet, and the next hour it doesn't hurt at all.
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen G 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Plantar fasciitis,Heal spur,Metatarsalgia Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to XXXXXXX Pain in the foot can be due to problem in any part of the foot.Ligaments, tendons, muscles, fascia, blood vessels, or skin can be the source of foot pain. Pain what you are having is may be due inflammation of Plantar fascia and it is the most common cause of heel pain. The plantar fascia is connecting the heel bone to the toes, becomes irritated or inflamed. Heel pain, worst in the morning when getting out of bed, is the most common symptom.Arch pain is also present. Other cause for the heel pain may be Heel spurs abnormal growths of bone in the bottom of the heel abnormal gait, posture or walking and inappropriate shoes can lead to this. Spurs may cause foot pain while walking or standing Stone bruise. Metatarsalgia is pain and inflammation in the ball of the foot. Remedies which can control the pain Rest Calf and foot muscle stretches Shoes with good arch support and a cushioned sole. If your symptoms are not improving medications for the pain can be taken only on your doctor advise. Hope I have answered your query Thank you.
People also viewed
- What causes painful bruises on head
- Angry at 27 weeks pregnant
- What causes sudden bruising and pain in the knees
- What would cause pain and bruising behind the knee
- Swollen red abdomen
- Urinating alot on adderall
- I have been feeling tired lately for no reason ever since i
- What causes painful bruise on knuckle and numbness in feet
- Grade 2 placenta at 26 weeks
- Pins and needles in hands and light headed
- 27 weeks pregnant and back cramping
- Recurring strep b infection
- What causes bruise like pain in the bottom of foot
- Ayurvedic remedies for esr levels of 27
- Heart attack at 27