What causes brown discoloration on cheeks in children ?

My 3 year old daughter has a brown shadowing on her cheeks. The same on both sides. It almost appears as though light makeup has been applied to accent her cheek bones. She is a very healthy little girl
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 33 minutes later

Thanks for the Query.

I Would like to know few things here, so that I can suggest you better:
1.) Since how long is she having this?
2.) Does she have any Itching over those spots?

If she is otherwise healthy, there is no known reason for it to appear. Few children have them as they have Birthmarks. They should gradually fade on their own as the child gets older.

Get her examined by a Dermatologist, so that he/she can examine her and get a Opinion and suggest a Treatment if necessary.

You should be watching your Kid carefully and look for any changes in them, like:
1.) Size
2.) Shape
3.) Number
4.) Location.
5.) Redness
6.) Developing fever

You should be taking her to a Doctor immediately if you happen to see any of the above mentioned changes.

Hope I have answered your Query, I will be available to answer your follow up Queries.

I wish her good health.