What causes brown blood clot like vaginal dischrge after indulging in sex?

Question
I had sex with my boyfriend yesterday and after there was a brownish discharge, it had red to it like it was blood and it's still happening the second day after we had sex. I notice it when i go to the bathroom and i wipe. It's not runny but it looks like blood clots, brownish red.
Posted Mon, 24 Mar 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: need clear details Detailed Answer: Hello, I have read your concern. You are saying the discharge is not runny but it is like clots - is it a heavy discharge or mild one? Are you actually passing blood clots? Is it just the tinge and you see it only on wiping and it is not continuous? In such a case, it can be due to minor trauma to the genital tract. Please describe in detail about the amount of discharge, is it only blood or mucus discharge as well, is it XXXXXXX blood, old blood or clotted blood, are you using pads for it? Awaiting your response. Regards,

Follow-up: What causes brown blood clot like vaginal dischrge after indulging in sex? 9 minutes later
Well I noticed it was getting on my underwear so I am using pads now. It's not a lot, it's a mild discharge. There is a little blood that i see and there are bits of blood that are clumped together and it looks a dark reddish brown color.

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: minor trauma or friction related Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for the details. It seems more likely to be due to minor trauma or friction during the sex. Watch for a day more, it should subside. Take adequate rest and drink plenty of water. If the bleeding increases or becomes profuse, only then you need to see your gynecologist. You can wait and watch for a day more. It is nothing alarming; please relax. Get well soon. Regards,

Follow-up: What causes brown blood clot like vaginal dischrge after indulging in sex? 2 minutes later
Okay, well thank you so much for helping me. I really appreciate it :)

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: my pleasure Detailed Answer: It is my pleasure to be of help to you :) Take care and good health to you!